Eligibility for Head Start is determined by guidelines established by the federal government.
- Are you pregnant or do you have a child under 5?
- Is your income level at or below 100% of the federal poverty guidelines?*
- Are you experiencing homelessness?
- Do you hava a child with special needs?
- Do you receive TANF (Temporary Assistance to Needy Families)?
- Do you receive SSI (Supplemental Security Income)?
- Are you a foster family?
- Do you have other special circumstances that may qualify you for services?
- If you answered yes to any of these questions you may qualify for Head Start Services.
- Note: Parents of special needs children are highly encouraged to apply.
- *Please visit U.S. Federal Poverty Guidelines for more information on income eligibility.
- Families seeking full-day services must qualify for the IDHS Child Care Assistance Program through Child Care Resource and Referall Network (CCRRN)
- Enrollment is NOT first come first served. The families with the greatest needs receive services first, no matter the date of application for enrollment.