How do I become a client?
- Complete an application packet which you may receive from our office.
- Provide eligibility documentation (check stubs from employer, W2 forms, income tax forms, unemployment documentation, foster care documentation, SSI documentation, TANF documentation or complete the no income form, if needed).
- Provide a certified copy of the child’s county birth certificate. We require the county birth certificate and cannot accept the hospital certificate.
- Provide a copy of your child’s medical card if applicable.
- Provide the following medical documentation:
- Physical (dated six months prior to child’s enrollment date) per DCFS licensing standards
- Hemoglobin (dated six months prior to child’s enrollment date) per DCFS licensing standards.
- Lead test and result.
- TB test or screening.
- Current immunization records.
Once you meet the above requirements and submit the required documentation, your child’s application will be complete and reviewed for enrollment opportunities.
*Please note that Heartland Head Start has a limited number of openings and is a federal program. We are required to enroll children with the highest needs first. This may include children that are age 4 years of age and moving on to kindergarten, children with special needs, children with individualize education plans (IEP), and children whose families are experiencing homelessness.